Signature drinks are a really fun way to get your guests into the spirit of a party. These themed cocktails can add that extra touch and thoughtfulness into an event which ties all of your hard work together. There are so many drink recipes out there, how can you narrow down your selections?
That, my friends, is where we are here to help.
What Type of Event is it?
Step one is determining what type of event we are trying to create a cocktail for. Once this is established, we can further narrow down our selections. A champagne cocktail may not be the best drink recipe for a backyard barbeque, which is why knowing the type of formality and setting the party is will be extremely helpful.
Theme parties are a great time to get creative with drink recipes. Just take a look below at some popular signature drink options for these themed parties.
- Mai-Tai (white rum, dark rum, triple sec, orange juice, pineapple juice, grenadine)
- Blue Hawaiian (Malibu rum, blue curacao, pineapple juice)
- Pineapple Party Punch (rum, prosecco, pineapple juice)
- False Start (apple cider, bourbon, brandy, lemon juice)
- Slam Dunk (southern comfort, orange juice, cranberry juice)
- John Daly (vodka, lemonade, iced tea)
- Grapefruit Agua Fresca (vodka, grapefruit juice, soda water and mint)
- Michelada (Mexican beer, Clamato juice, lemon & lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, hot sauce)
- Jalapeno Watermelon Margarita (jalapeno infused tequila, watermelon puree, triple sec, sweet and sour mix)
What are your Guest Preferences?
Do you mainly have beer and wine drinkers? Maybe your friends are die-hard tequila fans. Knowing a good sense of your guests’ likes and preferences will really help your signature drink shine, and them too after a couple cocktails.
- Cadillac Margarita (Patron, Grand Marnier, lime juice, sweet and sour mix)
- Tequila Sunrise (tequila, orange juice & grenadine)
- Mexican Lollipop Shot (tequila, watermelon pucker, dash tobacco sauce, rim with tajin)
Beer & Wine Drinkers
- Black and Tan (pale ale & Guinness floater)
- Snake Bite (cider beer & Guinness floater)
- Sangria (White or Red wine with Fruit, Brandy and Juices)
- Sangria Spritzer (white or red wine with club soda or flavored sparkling water)
- Moscow Mule (vodka, lime juice, ginger beer)
- Berry Lemonade (vodka, fresh berries, grenadine lemonade)
- Orange Crush (vodka, triple sec, orange juice, sprite)
What Time of Year is it?
The time of the year can dictate tastes and expectations. The festiveness of a cocktail just gets people in the spirit of the season.
- Irish Coffee (whiskey, coffee, sugar, whipped cream)
- Champagne Cocktail (champagne, bitters, sugar cube)
- Good Tidings (vodka, Cointreau, lemon juice, cranberry juice, club soda)
- Rose-jito (rose wine, simple syrup lime juice, grapefruit soda water, mint)
- Ginger Apple Cooler (spiced rum, ginger syrup, apple juice, lemon juice, soda water)
- Pineapple and Sage Gimlet (gin, sage leaf, pineapple juice, sweet and sour mix)
- Cucumber-Gin Spritz (gin, cucumber, simple syrup, prosecco and club soda)
- Mermaid Lemonade (rum, blue curacao, lemonade)
- Strawberry Daiquiri (blended: ice, rum, frozen strawberries, sweet and sour mix)
- Green Apple Martini (vodka, apple pucker, lime juice, grenadine)
- Apple Cranberry Moscow Mule (vodka, apple pucker, cranberry juice, ginger beer)
- Hard Cider (spiced rum, warm apple cider)
Some other great ideas for drink creations are to rename popular drinks with a fun and swanky name that is either sentimental or reflective on the party theme, guest of honor, or celebratory day.
Go on, get creating and CHEERS!